Job no: 492549
Work type: Full time
Location: Perth - Mader Head Office
Categories: Finance & Accounting
About the role:
Based in our Perth Head Office next to Perth Airport, working 40 hours per week. Reporting to the Business Services Supervisor, the Payroll Coordinator is a critical member of the team and ensures the payroll function operates efficiently and effectively. This role incorporates supervision and execution of the payroll function for over 1,700 employees across Australia.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Payroll – to be able to process fortnightly and monthly payroll from start to finish – collect and upload timesheets, Masterfile changes, reports, end of month processing and reconciliations
- Supervision of payroll officer and direction of workload for the accounts officer when needed.
- Answering routine payroll questions and provide accurate and consistent advice to, managers and staff on conditions of service, entitlements, and policy according to relevant agreements, including salary, leave, allowances, deductions and superannuation.
- Assisting in the calculation of special payments or preparation of reports and audits as required
- Engaging with the Finance team to address any concerns regarding the reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Ensuring salaries are distributed/paid accurately and on time as per Employment Contracts
- Interpreting employment contracts
- Preparing, balancing and reconciling payroll tax (multiple Australian states) and superannuation
- Maintaining and processing leave records
- Preparing management reports based on payroll information
- Resolving/answering queries relating to payroll across the organisation
- Reconciliation/payment of salaries
- Preparing and processing journals
- Maintaining Payroll and HR systems to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance
- Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a payroll function
- Strong knowledge of superannuation and ATO legislations
- Knowledge of payroll end-to-end process around on-boarding, transfers, terminations, payroll processing, adjustments, overpayment recovery, leave and finance reconciliations
- Good understanding of salary packaging
- Able to manage changing priorities, deadlines and opportunities
- High levels of resilience and ability to work in high pressured situations
- A tack record of delivering ongoing continuous improvements
Why work with us?
We’re progressive, innovative and evolving in line with market trends. We believe in driving change and building next-level careers. At Mader Group, being an “Employer of Choice" is more than a branding exercise. We are actively building an innovative, transparent and fun workplace worth being a part of.
If you want to join a fun and friendly team and think you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, please apply online.
Please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend